Spirit Projekt

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Gonna make an attempt to spark the place up a little more once again. Starting with this new layout. Deal with it.
HELLO SPIRIT PROJECT MEMBERS! INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!
Invite you friends.

Share | 

Aha i hate Twilight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mabelhastosay
Piece of Gum
Piece of Gum

PostSubject: Re: Aha i hate Twilight   Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:27 pm

Lorena.Lollerskates wrote:
Honestly, I read the books and I thought they were super addicting.
SM is a horrible writer though. Any 8 year old person could read that book and know every single thing she said. A good book consists of a large vocabulary, good grammar, and a good plot. Twilight lacks all three. If i had the patience to reread the books, i would give you examples but i don't have that patience.
And, SM ruined the image of vampires. I have had many serious conversations about books before and for some reason everyone ends up talking about twilight, whether they like it or not. And then we start talking about vampires. Vampires are fake and don't have any specific true details seeing as they ARE fake but SM completely killed the idea of vampires. Stoker (the writer of Dracula for you retards that dont know that) is completely put to shame now for Dracula even though it was genius. And he had something that SM didnt have. Talent. Stoker was a genius writer and he has written many amazing short stories. He made the image of vampires to be something that turns into a bat, drinks HUMAN blood, sleeps in a coffin, can't be in the light, can't go into a house uninvited. That type of thing. But SM completely changed that and ruined the image of the vampires. She destroyed it. Seriously, glistening in the sun? Thats ridiculous.
And yeah, people do things just to please the audience, that is completely true.
But seriously, why are people so into that type of thing? Its pathetic.
"Im going to go read about a relationship between a person and a beautiful vampire that for some reason fall in love after knowing each other for 2 weeks and have so many issues. But omg its so cute"
Thats so stupid.
These people are jealous of Bella having the perfect boyfriend, which really isn't true. He has so many flaws its not even funny.
So seriously, what does everyone love about Twilight?

I honestly don't think she's a "horrible" writer. Her stories catch the attention of the reader, keep them reading, and make them feel as if they know the character. Sure, it doesn't have the most advanced language, but it's an amazing book for those who don't enjoy to read. Wasn't that her goal? (And Draculas a classic, most books cannot be compared to classics, not just Twilight. Don't think of it as ruining what Dracula made vampires to be, think of it as evolving the idea.)

And yes, their love was a bit far fetched, but some quotes and events in the story did lead it to seam as if it was true love. Plus, plenty of relationships start with people knowing each other for a short time period and the fact that love usually comes with issues.

Oh and to Edward having flaws, who doesn't? It's not so much him being the perfect boyfriend as it is him being the perfect boyfriend for Bella.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrabXcore
On a Quest to Kill the administrator
On a Quest to Kill the administrator

PostSubject: Re: Aha i hate Twilight   Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:35 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moe
Piece of Gum
Piece of Gum

PostSubject: Re: Aha i hate Twilight   Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:14 pm

XD
it never ends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lol_freak
Master of 100 posts!!!
Master of 100 posts!!!

PostSubject: Re: Aha i hate Twilight   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:40 pm

the first one was all right a bit slow in the beginning i must say but towards the end it wasn't so bad.

me personally i love the second one
maybe because she went psycho and did crazy shit to hear him (made me laugh)
and the history of the werewolves was interesting

the 3rd one was crap and the 4th one was worst
all those two books did is filled up some plot holes with crap
and spending less time in character development
the only one that had a decent one was jacob and roseline

also its true since some many people obsess about it makes you want to hate it then love it. Just like the jonas brother
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aha i hate Twilight   

Back to top Go down

Aha i hate Twilight
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2